Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A look inside yourself

Thanks to my wonderful DVR, I just finished watching an episode of Survivor. This particular two contestants quit the show with only 10 days left and a good chance to win 1 million dollars. Earlier in the episode two contestants told the host that they had wanted to quit. The host, urged them to take the rest of the day to think about their decision and a final decision would be made later that evening. The host urged them to take a  deep look inside, past the low amounts of food, the crappy weather and decide if they wanted to stay or quit.

This particular episode got me thinking. Sure everyone has things in their life that they do not want to do. For me I have quit many different things in my life. Its something that I am not happy with myself that I do it, but admitting it is half the battle right?

For me one thing that I never want to do is my homework. I mean its something that I should be doing now, but blogging seems WAYYY more exciting!! I only have 2 more weeks to go until my 2 classes are over. Yeah, I could not do my homework that is due this week and still get a good grade in the class. However, this time it is different I took a look inside and realized what it is made me want to go to college in the first place. After evaluating the fact that it is hard to get a job without a college degree and for the fact that I want to finish my degree for my husband. He has supported me and helped me with my homework more times than I can even count! My college is degree is for the unborn children that I have and all the memories that will be made on vacations, when I have a career that will allow me to take days off work to enjoy those vacations!

While you are reading this, I encourage each and every one of you to take a look inside yourself and do something that you do not want to do and do it!

2 comments:

Design It Chic said...

This is such a great post! I am already following you from the blog hops, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :) Happy Friday!

SM said...

I am your new follower. Would love for you to follow back!

Post a Comment